FEED THE BEAST
QUERYING...
Hardcore
PIXELMON
QUERYING...
HELP KEEP US ONLINE
$1000
$245.68

Author Topic: Treecaptiator Plugin  (Read 329 times)

Offline A_Good_Shrimp

• Donator
  • Dirt Miner
    • View Profile
Treecaptiator Plugin
« on: December 07, 2017, 06:29:52 pm »
Hello! Im new to PCB and I have come to love this server in the way it performs. However as everything in this world needs improvement I do have one suggestion. That being the Treecaptiator plugin, this plugin allows for quicker demolition of trees among the terrain of the world by only breaking the base of it. I do realize the challenges of this with the custom world terrain we currently have as of December 2017, but I do at least think its worth a try. The reason I am making this a suggestion is for the people who do not have unlimited access to World Edit. It becomes very difficult to build cities in forest land. With that being said it limits the possibilities that could unravel in the creative realm. Thank you for your time!

- A_Good_Shrimp formerly known as Acerx999

Offline Penguina

• Daven
  • Operator
  • Stone Miner
  • (Secretly Pingu)
    • View Profile
Re: Treecaptiator Plugin
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 06:31:32 pm »
I love this idea, this is definitely one to think about!

Offline HiPixels

• Donator
  • Dirt Miner
  • By day, I'm at school, by night I'm the Drama King
    • View Profile
    • I am a Pixels Rainbow Lenny
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 06:33:15 pm »
We. Must. Have. It.

Like, seriously. Cities would be more spread out and there could be less conflicts between builds.

Offline CallumW25

• Operator
  • Gravel Miner
  • "Satan doesn't strip alone" -AngelaxXx078
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 07:01:55 pm »
Tbh I wish I could find one of the thousands of times someone has said "we try to keep pcb as vanilla as possible", but there's just so many

Offline jmvvana

• I'm just clowning around, hahahahaa
  • Operator
  • Bedrock Miner
  • I'm basically worthless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 08:21:25 pm »
+1
I wouldn't necessarily be against this, but im not for it either. Theres a possibility it could work, theres a possibilty it does not recognize the trees developed for the map as trees, because they aren't really "trees" (therefore not working on them/ only working on vanilla trees), its possible that if someone only wanted to destroy part of a tree, the whole thing would be destroyed, and it is possible that if you punch any kind of log structure the whole thing will come collapsing down. Adding onto the last bit, if logblock can only read the block destroyed, then only that block will be able to be rolled back.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:21:57 pm by jmvvana »

"So Joe already has a plan for world domination. Hows your day?" - I_AM_SEB

Offline Yomigaere

• Donator
  • Bedrock Miner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 08:39:31 pm »
+1
gotta work for your dreams
can't make it too easy.

A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right and evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by a majority

Offline BroodingSet

• Operator
  • Coal Miner
  • The worst feeling to experience is regret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 09:50:52 pm »
A_Good_Shrimp, your suggestion is quite interesting, and would help chop trees at a much faster rate. However, I do fear that this plugin could possibly eliminate an entire tree with the punch of a log, unless this is only executed under a command, like /deltree, so no such mistake could occur without assurance. Also, if this plugin were to be accepted, I think it would be best to give this ability to Trusted/Donaters+ so that no griefers take this plugin to their advantage and eliminate every tree 200 blocks around in a matter of two minutes.

Basically, I'm split on this plugin. It can be dangerous depending on who holds the ability, and would replace the idea of utilizing the trees in your region to your advantage. Imagine plowing every tree in sight and only completing a section of your design, there would only be buildings and no natural trees unless you build them. It would seem barren.

Offline A_Good_Shrimp

• Donator
  • Dirt Miner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 01:36:07 am »
A_Good_Shrimp, your suggestion is quite interesting, and would help chop trees at a much faster rate. However, I do fear that this plugin could possibly eliminate an entire tree with the punch of a log, unless this is only executed under a command, like /deltree, so no such mistake could occur without assurance. Also, if this plugin were to be accepted, I think it would be best to give this ability to Trusted/Donaters+ so that no griefers take this plugin to their advantage and eliminate every tree 200 blocks around in a matter of two minutes.

Basically, I'm split on this plugin. It can be dangerous depending on who holds the ability, and would replace the idea of utilizing the trees in your region to your advantage. Imagine plowing every tree in sight and only completing a section of your design, there would only be buildings and no natural trees unless you build them. It would seem barren.

That is true, the Trusted/Donator is a flawless idea in fact I should have written that in the original post. However we do still have saplings to replace trees so I don't seem to see how anything being barren could be an issue?

Offline Cabal

• Trusted
  • Gravel Miner
  • Also known as MCHearts and TheKingOfSweden
    • View Profile
    • Studio Mirza
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 03:29:44 am »
The guaranteed benefits far outweigh possible drawbacks, please implement this.

Offline Dantosky

• The spanish mod
  • Moss Miner
  • Hi bich -Joshezz 2017
    • View Profile
    • Dantosky
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 07:54:18 am »
Great Idea, I would add a poll tho @A_Good_Shrimp

Offline SCP_1424

• Dirt Miner
  • "Patches"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 09:58:36 am »
Yes please :)

"I just realised Lyka backwards is Kyle!" - Adrian

Offline lenny_gamer

• Donator
  • Dirt Miner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 02:30:17 pm »
I mean the feel of the terrain gen would be kinda ruined in one part but the idea is still great although there has been a
thread of this already

Online MrFerf

• Flag Fanatic
  • Senior OP
  • Bedrock Miner
  • That's pretty nifty.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 03:02:01 pm »
I was looking for you, sneaky thread.

I am mostly for it, but what if someone decides to go mad and deletes all trees he finds?

This is a biggie. The ability to chop down trees really quickly, especially in a world edit type manner would lead to easier grief that's harder to roll back and restore.

Would it be possible to have only /deltree accessible to other ranks? Idk if its possible with certain commands, It's not my area.

I'm pretty sure permissions can vary between individual commands, but IIRC, /deltree doesn't always work on the EWG trees.
I think the idea is good and maybe just like an anticheat if somebody was breaking like 10 trees in 20 seconds it could show up on staff screen something like
lenny_gamer has broken 10 trees in the past 20 seconds
i mean if you are trying to clear a forest its fine but if its constant a staff memeber could go check

PS, isnt there a rollback command staff can use in case of grief??

Using some sort of messaging tool telling us who is breaking trees could get pretty spammy if it pops up every time someone runs the command, and if there's no staff on, we aren't able to investigate potential issues until it is well and truly too late.

I would prefer getting one of those plugins that you have to break the tree one at a time with a single hit, and limit to trusted.
I know I have talked with you and loads of others about it,
upon further consideration I agree with Dan. I guess that members would use it like mayhem so instead make it for donator/trusted+.

Would it be possible to have only /deltree accessible to other ranks? Idk if its possible with certain commands, It's not my area.

I think you can. There should be a permission node for /deltree but some players (including me) don't know how to use it. When I wanted a tree decapitator plugin, I though of: mine the bottom of the tree with an axe, the tree breaks with it.

As Dan said as well, having /deltree may lead to easier grief. I guess you could do the same thing, make it available to donator/trusted+.

I mean if donator had it members could pay 2 bucks and just wreck the whole server lol.

The general consensus was no.
MrFerf

Offline Dantosky

• The spanish mod
  • Moss Miner
  • Hi bich -Joshezz 2017
    • View Profile
    • Dantosky
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 03:53:55 pm »
maybe mod+?

Online MrFerf

• Flag Fanatic
  • Senior OP
  • Bedrock Miner
  • That's pretty nifty.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 03:55:26 pm »
maybe mod+?

There's no use at that point because the staff team would just be continually asked to remove trees as we already are with WorldEdit.
MrFerf