Large Custom Mountain (needs w/e)

So I had an idea to change up the terrain a bit around where my town is. The area is just a barren desert that could use something cool to fill the space. Sure I could put towns or even a city there but that's what everyone else does. I also have a bunch of cities to work on and it would just add on to a list of unfinished projects (rambling now I guess).
 Anyways, I notice that many people don't put in the time and effort in to work with and make the environment look better. This sparked some inspiration.

My idea is to make a custom mountain in this barren region of desert. Not only the desert, however, but also the region surrounding it. I plan to make somewhat of a decline around the region surrounding the mountain (as an illusion to make the mountain taller) and then the mountain will stick up from the ground providing somewhat of a natural landmark. The region around the mountain could become a sort of oasis (as the rivers will both be flowing into this place and collecting there).

I took a screenshot on dynamap and drew my plan:
https://imgur.com/a/tAlZi

As of right now this is just an idea. I haven't asked the mayors of the nearby towns if they approve/ would be fine with this. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine but if I'm not then don't get too invested in this.

If you have any questions or criticism or if I'm just not making any sense then leave a comment.

Thanks for reading and please consider helping with this. :)

~Slim

I would just ask staff to w/e in an already existing mountain. that’s an option

Did someone say
[move]T e r r a f o r m?[/move]

Screw the w/e in a mountain plan, I’ll help building the mountain, I need something else to work on.
We could even try to recruit xQT if more people are needed.

I’ll drop in the fact that W/E does not work well as a terrain-based plugin, therefore, W/E terrain usually doesn’t look that great. However you go about making your mountain, there’s gonna be a good amount of handiwork involved.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.