Some sort of tree delete plugin

So this has been talked about a fair bit.

While the custom terrain gen is amazing, the trees are huge. And if people need to deforest to clear land for cities, it was bad enough with vanilla trees. Can we at least have some sort of treecapitator plugin to instantly remove trees if needed? Hope this is thought over as it would no doubt help a lot of projects.

-Kyle

I am mostly for it, but what if someone decides to go mad and deletes all trees he finds?
Maybe Trusted+ could have access to it otherwise members could just go around deforestating the creative map imo.
Thanks

Would it be possible to have only /deltree accessible to other ranks? Idk if its possible with certain commands, It’s not my area.

This is a biggie. The ability to chop down trees really quickly, especially in a world edit type manner would lead to easier grief that’s harder to roll back and restore.

I’m pretty sure permissions can vary between individual commands, but IIRC, /deltree doesn’t always work on the EWG trees.

I know I have talked with you and loads of others about it,
upon further consideration I agree with Dan. I guess that members would use it like mayhem so instead make it for donator/trusted+.

I think you can. There should be a permission node for /deltree but some players (including me) don’t know how to use it. When I wanted a tree decapitator plugin, I though of: mine the bottom of the tree with an axe, the tree breaks with it.

As Dan said as well, having /deltree may lead to easier grief. I guess you could do the same thing, make it available to donator/trusted+.

I think the idea is good and maybe just like an anticheat if somebody was breaking like 10 trees in 20 seconds it could show up on staff screen something like
lenny_gamer has broken 10 trees in the past 20 seconds
i mean if you are trying to clear a forest its fine but if its constant a staff memeber could go check

PS, isnt there a rollback command staff can use in case of grief??

I agree with the anti cheat and stuff, never thought of that. There’s already an anti-cheat in place I believe, but the chances of finding a plugin that detects how many trees they have broken are pretty slim if possible at all.
I’m sure there is also a roll back thing staff use.

If implanted, I would agree if it was trusted+.

However, this gives more power to deforestate an area, and people tend to abandon it really quickly: it could be a problem.

I agree with the anti cheat and stuff, never thought of that. There's already an anti-cheat in place I believe, but the chances of finding a plugin that detects how many trees they have broken are pretty slim if possible at all. I'm sure there is also a roll back thing staff use.

i didnt mean find how many trees are broken i meant more like it sends a message if someone is using the command in excess but the idea of truster+ sounds safer and less complicated to me, i like it

If implanted, I would agree if it was trusted+. However, this gives more power to deforestate an area, and people tend to abandon it really quickly: it could be a problem.

i think i’m taking this way too far but imagine i delete trees with the pluging, then regret it maybe i could be able to reverse, like a rollback but only for some trees u broke.

Using some sort of messaging tool telling us who is breaking trees could get pretty spammy if it pops up every time someone runs the command, and if there’s no staff on, we aren’t able to investigate potential issues until it is well and truly too late.

I would prefer getting one of those plugins that you have to break the tree one at a time with a single hit, and limit to trusted.

I mean if donator had it members could pay 2 bucks and just wreck the whole server lol.

Good point.