Surprise!

Announcing our new survival multiplayer server!

[ul][li]PvP enabled[/li]
[li]Kills/deaths statistics[/li]
[li]Ability to set your own home[/li]
[li]Mobs enabled[/li]
[li]Chest protection /lwc[/li][/ul]

The usual rules still apply - most of them simply just common sense.

[ul][li]No griefing / altering things not yours without permission[/li]
[li]No TNT or fire for obvious reasons[/li]
[li]Raiding is allowed, but no pillaging as that’s griefing[/li]
[li]Please build out of sight from spawn[/li][/ul]

IP: 69.163.34.157:25565

Don’t get too attached to it though. This is more of a test and may be taken down at anytime. I’m still in the process of getting an auto backup system working, but you guys are free to join at anytime :slight_smile:

AH HA! I suspected as much. I knew you were not being quiet without reason.

Ok, so I had a hint or two…

Either way, this is quite impressive. Was it just you making all that? Was TK helping?

I will join once I finally get around to buying beta.

I made 95% of spawn, specialk helped out a little. I got a few friends to lend a hand with some of the digging at times when they weren’t building their own various things.

I haven’t seen TK in months :frowning:

W00000T. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

I’m ALWAYS gonna be there if I can but right now school’s getting rather busy, because of our Thesis. So, if I have some time I’m gonna be THAR. :smiley:

Also, Operators of the Beta server?

SWEET!!! now i have another server to go too! IM getting on it right NOW!
also do the ranks transfer over?

I love you. Nuff’ said.

Dang. HIghschool comp cant run to save its life… SO Il get on when i get home at 4:30
Thank God PCB is back up! and in apha form! Andy ranks should transfer over. I will try to alert every Old pcber i can get ahold of! and We should make a facebook page. And i know ALOT about alpha so im the guy! lol. Hope i can get on here as an admin :). Well Until Then.
I Shall Be Back Soon! now on to Spanish!!! il try to get on later!

ps. GOOD JOB ANDY! i THOUGHT PCB WAS GONE FOREVER!

Hard, want me to make that Facebook?

Damn, the hacked client doesnt work for it D: i guess ill be on there when i get beta :smiley:

also, would you mind giving me the name of that texture pack? or even posting a link, it looks awesome :smiley:

i got fly mods and il be happy to share how to make them work

FINALLY may i sugest using sdks gun mod

The server is currently using bukkit - so I’m open to any recommendations for plugins.

@liam: The texture pack is Aza’s Arid Pack:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=64678

@hard24get: how’d you get fly mods? And do they work well?
(I hope it’s not that mod that just puts blocks beneath you’re feet. They never work properly :()

Well, I finally decided to buy beta. I really like the place and have begun to build my secret base under the ocean. Just try to find me!!! I left a fairly obvious marker so it should not be too hard.

I have attached a bug report picture since I have been seeing large chunks of landmass missing. This one, I could fall into, then kind of bob there. Just like those pigs I punched into it!

So, no nether? I really want to make a fast transit using the nether.

I also want to know how you are advertising your server other than here. I know there are sites that list all open servers. You just need to let them know you exist. I want some victims players to harass play with.

A note about gold. It is now the fastest tool set, but still breaks after 33 uses. Not exactly reliable. I don’t know about its armor rating.

[attachment deleted by admin due to data loss]

I’d assume the gold armour is just for aesthetics. Those missing chunks you see are a client side issue that everyone experiences every now and then. Notch is aware of it and is still yet to release a fix. The problem is solved just by relogging into the server.

The nether does exist, but you either play a nether world or a normal world. However, with bukkit recently they have introduced a new feature which allows us to have portals work on SMP with some tweaking - the main problem however is that it’ll double the resource usage and strain on the server.

The nether doesn’t exists properly on SMP because Notch plans to use it as a way for teleportation across servers - much like what hard24get suggested in his other post.

In terms of advertising, nothing yet. Still testing, still configuring. When it is ready (hopefully very shortly), and more importantly, when I get antigrief measures installed I will begin posting the server around on public lists.

often with the unloaded chunks, a torch or even water placed next to the unloaded chuck will force it to update and become visible, the things you learn by running a laggy server XD!

Its a fly mod MUCH like WoM but its a pain to instal unless your a pro like me when it comes to Jar files. and Server Transportaion is already out. I just have to ask An Old Freind of mine to help out

May I suggest some Plugins? :slight_smile:

–MOVECRAFT : Allows players to make your vehicle build to work like a real vehicle.
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-fun-movecraft-v0-6-6-vehicles-you-build-with-blocks.1007/

-MINECRAFT MANIA : Creates a boost system for minecarts, by placing gold blocks below tracks.
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-minecart-mania-v0-93-319.388/

–WORLDEDIT : Basically, it’s MCLawl on Beta.
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/edit-sec-worldedit-3-2-2-in-game-map-editing-de-griefing-restore-chunks.62/

Also, could you list all ranks available, and their commands for them? The /help function in beta doesn’t really show everything… :S

EDIT : Oh yeah, Beta Server Down.

Sorry, I was doing some behind the scenes work on the server (non-minecraft related) and I had to take it down. I’ll put it back up a bit later today when I’m finished.

I will definitely implement Minecraft Mania and WorldEdit. Still looking into Movecraft.

i suggest mywarp and heroicdeath, warp because it makes going form a town or city to another alot easyer, and heroicdeath just because its informative and cool =D