How Far We Have Come

[right]Category: History[/right]
[size=14pt]The new server will be launched at:
Sunday 17th June 2012 - 09:00:00 AM GMT

Project City Build was founded on October 19th 2010 as a classic server the day after one of its founders _andy was banned from the Big Build For Fun server for no reason. It was at that moment when _andy along with _specialk decided to create their own vision of how a Minecraft server should be run; a large active community, with friendly staff who are not ban trigger-happy.

In the following months, Project City Build grew to become one of the most active classic servers going round. The classic server had a guest map called Flat-grass whilst the main map was named Big City. The server had an emphasis on building realistic looking cities and was featured on various Minecraft blogs and gaming websites. This first iteration of the server saw the introduction of two new admins; Kyle8910 and TKPenalty.

But in January 2011, our service provider mysteriously lost all our data and our offsite data. At the time, Fatso12321 was running a fallback server for our community whenever the main server was offline and took over running the classic server whilst _andy and _specialk took a break from Minecraft.
On Febuary 18th 2011, _andy and _specialk returned with a brand new server. Running Minecraft Beta 1.2_02, this server marked PCB’s transition from classic to survival multiplayer.

This server was a hybrid between survival mode and creative; players had the resources if they wanted to build structures but also had the opportunity to play a true survival mode. A new version of Big City was built, with many of the classic server’s buildings recreated. Notable towns included, Sandy Point, Paradise Falls, Forsyth and Milton.

On September 17th 2011 in time for the Adventure Update, PCB split from two servers (classic, SMP) to three servers. The SMP server was moved to separate creative and survival servers to enhance the game-play experience. New towns were established in both servers, with notable builds from Filipenis and his sprawling realistic road systems. Big City 2 was also created, improving on the designs of the last two versions.

On June 17th 2012, PCB will enter the next phase of its life.

Over these last few years we have changed service providers, refreshed maps and changed the game-play countless times. But one thing has never changed; the players that have joined us at various stages of PCB’s life are still here with us to this day and that is what makes it worth being part of this community. If it were not for the passion and dedicated shown by everyone who has ever been a part of this community, PCB would not be here.

Thank you to everyone who has made PCB the place it is today. Let’s see what the next year has in store for us…

WHOOOO!! Thank you everyone for playing! Thank you Kyle, _andy, _spec and fatso for doing all our hosting stuff! Thank you OPs and MODs and SOPs for being awesome at your jobs!

(Fili’s city in the 1st SMP map was called Forsyth BTW.)

Woo! Sadly, I will not be able to be there for 9 days after the release… =( ANYWAYS…

Congrats to Everyone for helping pull this together!

I may not be on the new server too often, as once we start ads… Classic will become a hell hole for us staff(trying to keep out grief) and keeping up with chat/requests. Good luck to you SMP/CMP Staffers, and if you ever believe your job is hard, lets go hang out at Classic, you will NEVER complain again… xD

Well-Wishing,
John

While that may be true john, classic is still fun xD It’s the only thing my craptop can play :stuck_out_tongue:

4am my time hmm… Time to set the alarm!

Awesome story special! Thank you _specialk, _andy, kyle8910, Mods, Ops, and Sops for all your work! I hope this next year will be a BLAST!

British/Irish players, remember it’s summer which means we are GMT+1

This… This was beautiful Spec. I actually saved this into my MC folder. I believe I will be there.

I think we should also mention the changes to the website over time as well. If the time is accurate, then I believe our fist version of PCB’s site was open on Febuary 18, 2011. Oddly, I registered on the forums October 19, 2010 though I know this was prior to the site’s release.

A version 2 (our current form) was created about a year after that. Can’t forget we lost our data in this version of the site as well. Thankfully, there were backups to restore most of our records.

Soon, we will see the start of version 3.

Yhu bein racist cus I ant Bi ish tho I live in London :L
I feel like a twat talking like that XD
Anyways :smiley: WHAT RUBY SAID IN THE FIRST POST :smiley:

Well damn. 2 Am!!! Perhaps I will be a tad later, like 6am PST! Congrats to all.

~Ka

PS: Save me land for OrcaVille vII in CMP or someone will die >:D

That was beautiful bro. Dear Lord, it looks like I’m staying up until 3AM tonight!

Moi aussi :wink:

Sweet, I can make it! But then I’ll be gone for a week because I’m going down the shore for a week on vacation. :frowning:

So glad that Cherryred invited me to come play on this amazing server 7 months ago! this has deffinatly been the BEST server ive ever been on, and will continue to be my minecraft home.

John i know what your talking about with Classic being a hell hole XD

SMP staff. lets get on, and do our best to welcome the Members, and keep the griefers at bay. and good luck to everyone else in the CMP and classic servers.

There is exactly 4 days left until I have been on this server( as SemiLaxBeazt) for a full year!
Thanks for making my weekends brighter!
Thanks to Everyone that is part of the community!
Thanks,
Semi

Shit…

Well looks like my long nights of not being able to go to sleep will finally pay off. XD I prob wont be able to stay to long when the new server launches, cuz of father’s day and all. I would love to be able to come on the second the new server starts, however it may be tough sneaking in here withouth someone waking up. XD :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t believe i was so lucky to get dragged on this server. :stuck_out_tongue: It took dragon forever to get me to finally check the server out, i have no regrets at all. :smiley: To bad he has kinda up and left though. :stuck_out_tongue: I can’t believe i passed him up by about 2 ranks for a while, even when he was the one who invited me here. XD

Fantastic history Spec. It is very crazy to see how far we have come, in such a short time. Even though I was not here for the start of PCB, I was here very early for the start of PCB SMP, and boy has it changed. When I look back at it now, it seemed like a small server where I would just play with a friend (Goof), but with the help of the extraordinary community I became quickly integrated with the server. To this day it astounds me that we have such an amazing community. You guys are awesome.

Also are we talking GMT+1 or just normal GMT? Either way I’m going to be up early in the morning, just don’t want to miss it.

Well website time is GMT, so I’d assume it’s that.

It’s GMT +1, it’s Daylight Savings Time. That means 4AM for me! I dunno weather to stay up all night, or to just wake up around 3:30 or something. D= Aaaah, first world problems!

Wait, so since i am central time in america, wouldn’t that mean 3:00 for me?