1.13 Texture Sweep

I’m sure there are some of you who keep up with Minecraft development, but to those of you out of the loop, 1.13 is going to be a pretty big update.

It’s already been confirmed or rumored with decent support that 1.13 will include a number of huge technical fixes and additions, like custom crafting, a rework of the block ID system, data packs, and lots of other small changes. And now, over the past few days, Jeb and JAPPA have been revealing a number of texture reworks. It’s since been confirmed that everything in the game will be eligible for a texture rework.

Here are some links to previews of some of the new textures. What are you all’s thoughts?
Iron block / obsidian / birch log / tall grass
Peony / updated birch log
All logs
Jungle textures / cauldron / yellow flower
Brick
Diamond block / updated obisidan
Cobblestone / updated diamond block
Emerald block
Workbench / oak textures
Chorus flower / chorus plant / endstone

When the sweep is slightly more complete, they’ll release a test resource pack and take community feedback.

So far, I’m a fan of the new logs, latest obsidian, and diamond block, but not too much else. Emerald is easily the worst change so far, but bricks aren’t that far ahead in my book. I’ll try and update this as I see new textures released.

As long as they only change the bad textures I’m happy with this texture update. Don’t want anything like stone brick being changed lol

I favor the new obsidian, log, cobble, and diamond block textures, but feel indifferent about the planks, bricks, and emerald blocks. I wonder what the sand, dirt, and crops could look like. Also, anyone notice the slight change to the peonies in the updated birch logs image? Maybe other flowers will be re-textured.

Horrible. they transformed ok text. to ew text. Imo its the worst update.

Still not a fan of the obsidian design. Actual obsidian is much shinier and glassy, those just look like coal blocks. It’s kinda hard to tell from the cobblestone screenshot, but it really doesn’t look that good IMO.

I like how they’ve softened and blended the textures a bit more than their current counterpart, but i REALLY hate what they plan to do with brick, the bricks in the texture look too weathered and old, the crisp edges of the current texture (which isn’t perfect) look better than the proposed rework imo.

I’m a bit 50/50 on this update - there are a few things I am not happy with such as the brick designs as it just looks old, cranky and what not. Otherwise, I do like the new iron block update!

Am I the only person who doesn’t see ANY difference in the iron block textures?

I think they changed the edges of each face

Majority of these textures I’m not a fan of… Besides a few.

New chorus plant/flower and end stone texture have been released!