[Bigcity & Guestbuild Maps] Zoning

Why do we zone?

In order to combat griefing, and as well as define the size and force builders to use space more efficiently, we zone both Bigcity and Guestbuild maps. There are noticeable differences in the ways that this is implemented in Bigcity and Guestbuild and how it is done will be explained under.

Guestbuild’s Zoning Scheme

The rationale behind zoning in guestbuild is to provide a fair environment to all builders and also make for a less ‘messy’ map. User-specific zoning in this case is used to limit griefing. Some zones are Operator only and building on roads is strictly prohibited.

1. Lot sizes - These are marked with Adminium, separating the lots and hence forcing the builder to build to a certain size. This is in order to avoid huge amounts of wiping. Also, in future the Adminium borders may extend underground to prevent excessive tunneling.

2. Zoning - this is enforced by the operators, and are formally set zones for users to take posession of land.

In order to get this zoning, please ask an operator to set the zones for you, however operators will not set zones outside of the boundaries allocated to provide a fair environment for all projectcitybuild users. Please bear this in mind when constructing. We suggest that you ask an operator to do this as it also provides protection from griefing

1. Anti Grief - operators may zone entire areas of structures to prevent griefing, even without permission of the original builder. Simply ask for permission to build through the operator.

Bigcity

In big city there is no op-enforced zoning, apart from the limitation to advanced builders only. However ‘zoning’ still exists, however in an entirely different sense.

Inspired by the Sim City series this form of zoning refers to urban planning and is merely a guideline for builders in order to allow for relatively ordered and similar scale of buildings. The zones are marked either with filled colours or a coloured border and should be easy to spot. 'The zones are explained under:

1. Green - residential - housing such as apartments, flats, townhouses, villas, mansions and houses, but not hotels/motels.

2. Blue - Commercial - hotels/motels, shopping malls, restraunts, offices, shops, etc.

3. Yellow - Industrial - factories

4. Unzoned - seek assistance from ops/superops, you should only build here if there is seriously no zones left to develop!

5. Orange - special - in this case, do not touch unless you know why the land is zoned orange! For buildings such as malls, etc

How developed the structure will be should be determined by what is near the structure; i.e. building a massive skyscraper next to a little house is not the way to go! (Surely you wouldn’t do that would you?)

Happy building!

Wow, I had no idea there was such a system. Thanks TK for this post. I mostly hang in the guest areas though.

I loved the sim city games. :smiley: that was a really good idea.

the problem is that it would confuse alot of guests