Regarding Wars, Claiming, and Territorial Disputes

If you find yourself in the middle of a dispute over land, please make yourself aware of the following rules that apply before taking any action.

1. Wars and territorial disputes for the sake of history and lore are “acceptable”. This is only for wars and territorial disputes that do not physically occur. Saying something like “Nation X and Nation Y had a territorial dispute in Year Z” as part of your lore is fine, just as long as said territorial dispute didn’t or doesn’t actually occur.

• Territorial disputes in themselves are neither acceptable nor punishable, but they will almost always steer punishable due to the tension and potential harassment attached. If you believe that your land is being compromised unfairly, please have a staff member see the situation over and assist in drawing a compromise between all parties involved before anyone resorts to rude words or actions.
  2. “Claiming” is not allowed, and is ever more not allowed when doing so with military builds. The only way in which you are able to claim land is by working actively on a project. Anything between an almost-complete city hall and New Vex City ensures a 200 block protected radius around the project unless you have been allowed by the owner of the project to build within that radius. A single flag, tank, or hangar does not have the privilege of this protection.

3. Military builds are allowed as long as they are localized and built for “aesthetic” purposes. If you want to have a military base or a missile solo in your project that is all fine and dandy. As stated above, using these builds for external/claiming purposes is not allowed. Using these builds, even if localized, to provoke or compete with another party – a la Cold War – can be considered harassment and warrant punishment.

4. Questions or issues regarding or relating to anything discussed in this thread should go through at least a few staff members, preferably to a SOP or Admin.

5. And lastly, some general guidelines for any situation – Follow server rules. Use common sense. Don’t be an asshole. Make sure someone else knows what you’re doing.

If you require any clarification, please post in Support.

Just to make sure, i am able to build a military base and someone invading it right?

it’s like invading myself because i build the base and the invaders, it doesn’t actually provoke or hurt anyone.

Would old fashioned castles and forts be considered military builds and therefore not valid for claims? At what point does a build of this type become acceptable for claims?

This is fine. When we talk about wars, we mean conflict between 2 or more players in the game over land or similar.

As stated above, “If you want to have a military base or a missile solo in your project that is all fine and dandy”. This includes having the military base as the sole part of the project. Your castles and forts are safe.
What we don’t want are people building military bases, which are associated with their cities, in locations far from the main area of the city, for the sole purpose of claiming areas of land, or provoking another player.

Ah, I understand, thank you.

Just one last thing, i could build a battleling field against player X, but we actually are working together, he’s doing side A and i’m doing side B, its like a battle but only in builds we are actually friends, that is fine too im guessing

If you’re talking about a monument/replica type thing with AST that’s allowed as long as both parties are OK with the build itself and the land it’s on.