Nations

This server has been home to me for a while now, and to many, many others, but things are starting to get annoying. Nations, everywhere. Everywhere you look, there’s something happening with nations. They are causing so many arguments, and unnecessary anger. I see new nations starting up, just to battle Lucite, its just stupid. May I also remind people that wars were banned October 2015, and the way things are going, it looks like people are going to try and start wars again. It’s all getting out of hand, and I have decided to start this poll to see who agrees with me, that we should ban nations completely.

Personally, I don’t want to ban nations. I think it’s a fun way to organize cities, and in cases like Lucite, add a lot of flavor and history to the Creative map.

However, I am in favor of banning anyone that takes nations too far. If people want to “war” I don’t see a problem unless people start being malicious-- insulting each other, griefing, etc. I don’t want to ruin the fun for everyone just because of a few bad eggs.

I agree that they add history and flavour, and in that way, I support them. But the fighting between them, and the ‘military’ just ruin things for me. I see a lot of military units ‘protecting’ cities, but most of the time, they just look wrong, out of place. It’s just not needed.

WOAH WHAT REALLY???

doesn’t that seem like you might be taking banning a little far…

I mean, is the only way to get people to stop talking about something you find slightly annoying to have them go through the agony of being disconnected from their friends, and their builds?

If it gets to the amount where its necessary, like if those people make trouble for others, then yes.

A lot of people (myself included) take part in them, and find them fun. A ban would ruin a lot of that fun for a lot of people. I do support disciplining those who take it way to far, however.

I’ve talked about this with some SOPs and I’d like to make this statement clear to everyone

Nations dont have power over anyone, they are to be like a sticker or a fancy hat you can wear

i like me a fancy hat

Ferf, you said what I have in mind. I have seen people taking it way too seriously, as the thing is just to add a fun and realistic background.

MrFerf sums up my idea on how nations should be recognized. But, I would add that every city that’s a part of a nation should still have their own freedoms, if the mayor wishes to do so. For example: A player has the right to replace their downtown with a new one, if they’re the only mayor of their city.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Me and JM were talking about this in-game a few days ago.

To me, nations are a waste of time. It’s just one way for someone to take some form of power to constitute how their civils can interact with one another which to me is somewhat of an obsessive thing to do. A long time ago, we didn’t have these nations thing. ESPECIALLY NOT IN CREATIVE. We had them in Survival (where they actually made way more sense), because in Survival you have to work for literally anything and people used to work together rather than alone. I’d say ban nations in Creative, if you want to run a nation I think it would be better suited for Survival where there’s gonna hardly going to be dispute over land, people can exchange actual resources for one another to form trade channels, generate the economy, create a conversation, and have a team of people banding together who are proud of their survival homes.

Also a long time ago, when Creative first started rather than having nations we had Build cooperations. Groups of players would have “teams” and offer build services of all kinds. Players like myself, Fili, and a few other PCB oldies had them because it was a great way to get people building with one another. Lately, I feel like you don’t see that. I would love to bring something of this nature back to life, but I’m not the most active player due to my last semester of school, and 3 jobs. So yea, I would recommend reviving build corps. and dumping nations for creative because they seem to always generate arguments rather than positive discussions

Anything above putting some cities under one banner and having a ‘leader’ to keep people motivated is overkill and stupid.

Nations, especially nations in creative, don’t have any power besides the ones given to everyone via our rules. So I dont understand how people can call other people “facist” and "aggressive"when they (and the nation) have fuckin done absolutely nothing to be called such a thing.

I have been witnessing some lucite anti-group. I don’t understand how they could’ve hated so much Lucite, it is like saying, I hate Zurich (example) because I don’t like the style of building, and so I will create an anti-Zurich clan and we’ll fight it.

Nations can be fun and a bit fancy, as Joe said, it adds a fancy hat to you. It’s not meant to start PCB WW1

Im a nobody but I do agree with wairoa and mark that this “nation” thing serves no purpose and is just something thats there waiting to create dispute and arguments among others. I believe that this ‘nation’ should just remain a fantasy among those who wish to run their cities like a country, because in-game its just overused and people are talking about nations like its some powerful big colonial whatever.
Theres no point in having nations in creative because you’re just building. Maybe in survival those rules if any were made by the nations would make a lot more sense as you could have different systems to gather materials to house villagers to run a town a city etc.
Not sure if it’s just me but I feel like this nation thing may have just been a show or a fancy banner, but has caused quite some dispute and unhappiness among other creative players as they may feel like their cities or towns are not superior because they are not in a “nation”, and they may feel obliged to join because they wanna be part of it yet are unhappy with having their cities managed by someone else who has absolutely nothing to do with it. I have many friends in game who are part of nations so most of the time I stay silent about it. I don’t hate players or presidents of whatever nations or their cities. I just feel like nations should not exist. Please stop the nation thing its really annoying when people are talking like as if its a real thing and start fantasizing in the chat like as if the nations actually serve any purpose in creative. Please don’t quote me also but imo nations are just child’s play and serve no purpose but fanciness and creating unhappiness amongst players.

The poll results are rather saddening :frowning:

I think is best to do what Mark said about [glow=blue,2,300]build corporations[/glow], technically when your city needs more buildings or repair which you can’t do alone or with with your other partner then it’s best to get the build corporations on that matter.

ysflmd

I personally like the Build Corps. Idea and might form one soon. As for nations, I do agree some people need to take it a little less seriously and quit making anti s’ but in general like stated above numerous times nations don’t have any power over any cities within the nation (Atleast in my experience, I’ve never witnessed a nation forcing anyone to do anything), they’re just something to categorize some builds in (I.e, Supreme Courts, Capitol Buildings, Parliament Buildings, Military Bases). Nations, simply put (to most of us in them) are something fictional to make building a city more fun or like Jmvvana put it, they’re a sticker or fancy hat you can wear. I don’t believe banning nations because a few people can’t handle them and be immature would be fair.

Well, before I was thinking that nations would be so stupid in this game, just when I was going to find out. I’m already with the habit to operate in nations like in IRL. But since you made this topic that nations are like a waste of time and an annoying thing so I would say that I saw people talking about military things like “The Treaty” @BroodingSet, @EstevaoBuilder and @jmvvana have signed, and they are taking it too seriously about arms race and cold wars. The other day I have made an Anti-Lucite Flag for the others who are on the “gang” of Anti-Lucite, and I thought this could get Joe mad so I got rid of it and asked to others to do it too so minutes later, I got back and Joe was here to tell me to show the flag and he was very mad. I told him I got rid of it so he wouldn’t get mad and he said he’s very mad and offended. It was confusing for me. I apologized to him, the next day @Silverhawk_ joined with happiness when some players were to say that he was behind all this Anti-Lucite stuff and Joe was so mad that he took him as an enemy of Lucite. Again it was madness with taking this nations as like IRL stuff. I know it was for fun but the arguments between you guys are taking it seriously with the nations. Btw Joe I’m not an “spy” like you said the other day. Ah yeah, and no I don’t want nations banned for me. I’m not throwing the fault to anyone but we have to take this as fun, this is a game. Not our lives.

I’m actually trying to avoid the “arms race” because I would much rather work on my city. And of course I was mad about the Anti-Lucite thing, it came out of nowhere with no basis other than to discredit me and defame me. Like I said, I treat it more as a fancy hat, and others take it more seriously. Those who take it more seriously are the ones who are against me for pretty much no reason whatsoever. I prefer having all the military builds ive made past and present be under one flag and thats pretty much what all Lucite is. Banning nations would take away a lot of fun for a lot of people, but like I said before, people who take it too seriously (to the point of trying to take one another down) should be punished rather than everyone.

This post has gotten so many more replies than I thought it would.

But I’m still against nations, I don’t see any gaining from them at all, just arguments. I understand that they add history to towns, which i like, but with people taking it so seriously, it just causes problems. However, I also agree with Joe, nations should just be a sticker, or a fancy hat. The problem is people take that fancy hat as a threat, and want to fight it. The main thing I’m seeing in this thread, is that people like nations, but dont like the fighting, which i agree with completely. I move for another vote, not to ban nations, but to ban the fighting, stop the conflict, to make peace on PCB.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nations in Creative are in name only. There’s no real power behind any of it besides working together to build things.
In Survival it’s a different story as there’s an economy and resources are more limited.

But regardless of where a Nation is, starting any wars is prohibited. If you see anyone who leads or is part of a nation declaring war or breaking any of our server rules, please report them.